Friday, July 31, 2009

God Problems

Do you ever have late night God epiphanies?

As humans I think we all have one basic problem with God: He's God and we're not.

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself."
-Leo Tolstoy

That could kinda be applied to the "God Problem"

We want to change God. We want to change his mind, change how he treats us, and change his authority over us. We're convinced we're so much wiser and than that of God. Bottom line is that God's never gonna change.

I find myself asking 'Why isn't He listening to me?' when in reality its me not listening to him. I can't take 'coaching' for lack of better words. And it seems like God never wants to follow my plans. Our selfish human nature. When i was thinking about this a song by Jeff Johnson, 'Ruin Me', started playing. If that's not God then i don't know what is. Jesus understands your reluctance to let God take control. That's what he was talking about when he said, "For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it." (Luke 9:24 NIV)

God not only knows our individual futures, he creates it. That was mind-blowing for me. Its obvious, but yet when you go back and think about little things like that...

We need, myself included, to become more Spiritually Mature. Turn our problems into opportunities. We have an independent mindset thanks to our culture, and ironically the basis of our faith is on that of dependence. Dependence on God. Independence is overrated.

Don't try to change God.
Go with the flow.

Lots of love!
Kaleb





1 comment:

  1. amazing dude.
    forreal.

    i'm so glad i'm running after God at the same speed with my best friend =]

    ReplyDelete