Wednesday, July 29, 2009

No trying. No hopefully. No maybe.

Let what you say simply 'Yes' or 'No'; anything more than this comes from evil.
Matthew 5:37 (ESV)

With that in mind...


Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
Deuteronomy 31:6 (NIV)

Yes I will take a stand for you.

Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruits.
Proverbs 18:21 (ESV)

Yes I will be mindful of my words and know that I could potentially make or break someone.

As is the earthy, so also are those who are earthy; and as is the heavenly, so also are those who are heavenly.
1 Corinthians 15:48 (NASB)

Yes I will be a 'heavenly' being and much like Romans 8:6 have a mind set on that of the Spirit.

... We must to obey God rather than men.
Acts 5:29b (ESV)

Yes I will obey.

Something brought to my attention by my mother: If you want to lead a true Christian life, you're not going to have many close friends. You're not gonna be going on many dates. I thought about it some...

That's a risk I'm willing to take.

Fact: Jesus will not return until the gospel is preached to every people group.
I think we can all agree with that statement.
So why do we disobey? We're called to minister. From a human perspective, we only delay His return as we delay our obedience.

Question: Is it that hard to do what is right? Why do we wrestle with what's right?
Answer: There really isn't a true one, Just Do It.

2 comments:

  1. Amen brotha! There is no trying! Only doing, or not doing! I love you my man! Keep it up! Don't fight what's right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true. You may not have many true close friends that you have a good connection with...that's ok. In the date department, if people really know who you are and what you are about, you may not have many dates...that's ok.

    Having the right people in your life is what matters! A drama free life is good to.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete